Liberty does not have borders. As cheaper travel and communication continues to connect people around the world, it becomes increasingly important to connect pro-liberty students on a global scale. This generation is entering a world in which a leader in one country can become a global leader in an instant, where their voice has the potential to resonate across continents, and where their actions can inspire millions of people in places they have never imagined.
European Students For Liberty is the first major international development of Students For Liberty. ESFL exists to provide support for pro-liberty students and student groups in Europe and empower the next generation of leaders in the global liberty movement.
ESFL supports pro-liberty student groups by helping to provide resources, advising students on effective leadership strategies, and connecting students from across Europe with both like-minded peers and important leaders and organizations in the pro-liberty movement. ESFL’s activities help students generate the skills, momentum, and connections necessary to effectively advance the pro-liberty movement within Europe and abroad.
It is constantly becoming clearer that this generation of students is inheriting an uncertain world, in which the insecure foundations of our unsustainable, intrusive institutions are being exposed and, in some cases, threatening to collapse. This generation needs a new direction and students are increasingly recognising that social, economic, and academic freedom is essential for creating a secure society. The best thing that one can do to promote liberty around the world is to invest in today’s youth, tomorrow’s leaders.
Check out some Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about ESFL.
Before asking a question
1) Can ESFL pay my travel and accommodation?
– No. Unfortunately, we cannot support attendees in any way to come to our conferences. This is a policy that applies to all of our conferences globally. However, as most of our conferences are completely free of charge, when you get there, you’ll be treated to a couple of meals per day, and also some coffee!
2) Can ESFL provide me with visa?
– No. We cannot provide you with visa to come, however in special circumstances, we can provide you with an invitation letter. Please email us your reason to come, what ideas of liberty mean to you and a written confirmation that you understand no. 1).
3) Can I get a certificate of participation?
– Yes. All attendees are entitled to a certificate of participation, however you need to ask for it. Email Jan Škapa after you’ve attended the conference and the certificate will be emailed to you within 3 business days.